Megapolis Group’s primary activity is the distribution of tobacco products.
The company’s clients include some of the world’s leading tobacco manufacturers: Reemtsma (Imperial Tobacco Group) – since 1999; Gallaher-Liggett-Ducat (Japan Tobacco International) – since 2000; and Philip Morris International – since 2007.
At present according to AC Nielsen data Megapolis’s tobacco products share accounts for 70,0% of the Russian market (January 2012).
The top 10 brands in the Megapolis portfolio account for 47% of the Russian tobacco market, by volume.
The Megapolis distribution network operates throughout Russian Federation, with 172 regional offices:
Far East Federal District: 16 offices
Privolzhskiy Federal District: 16 offices
Northwest Federal District: 23 offices
Siberian Federal District: 28 offices
Urals Federal District: 25 offices
Central Federal District: 38 offices
Southern Federal District: 26 offices
- Over 3,300 sales agents and sales representatives
- Network covers over 150,000 points of sale, including national and regional chains
- The company’s JTI portfolio consists of eight leading global brands. This includes three of the world’s top-five cigarette brands: Winston (#2), Mild Seven (the leading international charcoal-filtered cigarette) and Camel (the father of American blended cigarettes, produced since 1913). The portfolio also include Benson & Hedges and Silk Cut, the leading Virginia blend brands, and the prestigious Sobrianie brand; Glamour is the top super-slim cigarette aimed at female smokers; LD brand was launched as a credible international line of budget cigarettes. (1)
- The PMI portfolio includes Marlboro, the No. 1 brand in the world, which has been produced since 1972; the global No. 4 brand, L&M, was launched in American in 1953; other portfolio brands include popular Bond Street, Chesterfield and Parliament. (2)
- ITG produces Davidoff cigarettes, and in 2006 it purchased the rights to the brand globally. Gauloises Blondes is the leading brand of Imperial Tobacco, and it marked its 100th birthday in 2010. West is ITG’s second-largest brand. (3)
Megapolis is also working to expand distribution of elite tobacco products: In 2006 the company began distributing cigars for Altadis USA and Promotora de Cigarros; in 2008 Dannemann also became a client.