Our Company constantly strives to operate in strict compliance with applicable laws and corporate ethics principles which is a guarantee of our impeccable reputation. After Philip Morris International and Japan Tobacco International were included in the shareholding structure of MEGAPOLIS, the Supervisory Board of Megapolis Distribution B.V. resolved to further develop the risk management system in compliance with the best global practice and applicable laws. In furtherance of such strategy, MEGAPOLIS established a Compliance Department that directly reports to the Supervisory Board. Our Company believes that a full-scale development of the compliance and control function is an instrument that will ensure the assurance of shareholders that the Company:
- operates in an open and honest manner on the basis of mutual benefit and honest entrepreneurship, intolerance of any displays and types of corruption, bribery or money laundering and in accordance with high ethical standards;
- assesses the ethical risks of its business operations, including the verification of all business relations of the Company, as thoroughly as it assesses its commercial risks;
- has established policies and procedures that are adequate and proportional to the ethical risks of the Company’s business;
- ensures that each employee of the Company knows, understands and strictly complies with the Company’s ethical principles of business, has received the training that would enable him or her to assess with confidence and manage all ethical risks and to notify the Company ‘s management of all potential cases of illegal or unethical conduct;
- strives to ensure that all business partners and persons acting on behalf of the Company comply with our Company’s strict ethical business standards.